Saturday, November 30, 2013

Green Cashmere Sweater Overhaul

Who doesn't love cashmere? "It's a cashmere-ical!" (If you know that line, you know my heart as well.)

Green Sweater to Cardigan Refashion

I went on a thrifty cashmere mission and came up with several pieces, but nothing 100% wearable. This green one is just such an example. Obviously, I love the color. But, it was a size small; I am not.

Ulterior Alterations

Also, there were several tiny, annoying moth holes, mostly on the sleeves, but a couple on the back. Here's how I made it wearable:

Ulterior Alteration RefashionUlterior Alteration Refashion

1) Sleeve chop. And hem. I wasn't quite sure how this wooly fabric would take machine sewing, but it worked just fine. 2) Open up. Right down the middle. I used a scrap of plaid flannel from some pjs I made last Christmas as the collar band, similar to my Sweater to Cardigan Remake post from a few weeks ago. 3) Triangle slice. Up the side seams, but not perfectly aligned- because of where the holes were. Insert more flannel scraps. Not sure I love this part of the finished product, if I'm being honest, but it served its purpose... wearable!

Ulterior Altered Sweater

It was a beautiful, chilly, but mild Thanksgiving afternoon in Austin, and my lovely niece obliged me to a photo shoot. She told me she likes pictures that are alive. Yep. She's 10.


In my opinion, Black Friday should be spent like this; in your pjs (matching or not), with someone you love. Hope your Thanksgiving was wonderful!



2 comments:

  1. Love your sweater, funny pics:) Pinned! Happy Thanksgiving

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Michele. Nothing like fun with photos, right? Especially if you're not a great photographer!

      Delete