Saturday, December 7, 2013

Stool Refinish

Refinished furnitureWhen I found this stool at a classically Austin antique store, Uncommon Objects, I knew it was the one. I had been looking for just such a piece to use when I sew...










A while back I inherited a very cool vintage sewing table, and wanted a seat to fit underneath, with an equal amount of character, and hopefully a little storage to boot. This baby is exactly what I had in mind.











In desperate need of some t.l.c. to say the least- I envisioned this clean, modern-inspired update to be sort of a bridge, bringing together different styles that I love.





All I did was: clean, sand, prime, paint, staple new upholstery to the seat cushion, and mod podge some coordinating paper inside.

Ulterior AlterationsUlterior Alterations

Ulterior Alterations

Honestly, the most difficult part of this project was finding the fabric and paper that I wanted to use! The actual doing part was pretty straight forward, and relatively easy. (Especially with my husband's assist!)

Vintage Table Singer Fashionmate 257 Refinished Stool

I absolutely love the way it turned out, and love the way it looks with my table, in my little sewing nook. It makes me happy every time I sit!


2 comments: