Saturday, November 2, 2013

Vintage Dress turned Blouse

This is another great thrifty find, albeit perfectly my size, not perfectly my taste. I adore the tiny floral print, and was able to see the refashioned look in my head instantly. It's a simple one, but one that I'll get continued wear out of for sure!

refashioned dress to blouse

Cut and hem, presto! I considered taking out the lining that creates the tucked/slouched waist to see what it looked like dropped, but once I tried her on, I decided to leave well enough alone.

Dress turned Blouse

I think that sometimes, refashioning is about what you envision more than what kind of skills you have.



..................................................................................................................................................................................................



Refashioning is also (in my humble opinion) about not being afraid to fail.

I took the remnants of the success story above and attempted part deux. Not so successful. The problem really is primarily because of the sweater. It was once a delicate, deep-V, long sleeved, "boyfriend" cardigan by Velvet, which after an extreme amount of wash and wear, had become so mangled, that I had already cut it up thinking a casual shrug might be its final chapter. Well, that wasn't really a go, so I thought this might be:



I still like the idea, but the execution along with the battered shape of the cardi... not fab. The good news is: I lost nothing. A little time, a little thread, but I like to think I gain something through every attempt.


2 comments:

  1. I agree! Nothing is lost when a refashion goes bad... And you learn much more from mistakes than from refashions gone right!
    MammaNene @ SergerPepper.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just the right length now to wear with jeans. Looks great! Totally agree about refashioning and not being afraid to fail... allows for more creativity.

    ReplyDelete