Thursday, October 31, 2013

Fringed Denim Vest for Halloween

I'm not always a Halloween costume kind of girl, but when I go for it, I go for it all the way. Luckily for me, my husband was game!


Denim Vest Rock VersionThe idea started with the hair; I knew I had what I needed naturally, and thanks to my mother-in-law's wig collection, we had the other side covered as well...


I found this horrid, cropped, mid-90s, jean jacket in a box of my old stuff at my parents' and cut it apart.


(Oops! Forgot to take before pic so I kinda pieced it back to show the idea.)


I sewed what were the arms onto the waist of the now vest, then shredded, washed, and dried for the perfect look that I needed.


I borrowed the hat from a friend (thanks Becca!), but the rest of the outfits was stuff we had. (Not sure if that's embarrassing or not!)


The only thing we purchased was about $10 worth of temporary tattoos! :)



Happy Halloween everyone!


GNR Halloween CostumeGNR Halloween Costume


Guns N' Roses all the way, baby! 













No comments:

Post a Comment