Sunday, December 15, 2013

Remaking the Lab Coat Dress

You can undoubtedly understand the nickname, no?

Ulterior Alterations: Lab Coat Dress Remake Before & After

I really loved this dress when I bought it, as one usually does when one purchases something. However, with time (and not too much of it) that love faded; I don't even get it now! What was I thinking?!?!

UlteriorAlterations.blogspot.com

It's made quite well, by Tabitha, and wasn't cheap, so I kept it... for years. Why I waited so long for such a simple refashion I'm not sure. Bet it will serve me far greater as a tunic, layering piece instead of an awkward, odd-length, plain, boring, unflattering dress/ lab coat.

UlteriorAlterations.blogspot.com

Cut and sew. 8 inches removed from the bottom. A button replaced on a cuff. Huge, saggy, belt/sash loops removed. Not quite your classic white button down, but a close kin. More wearable for sure!

UlteriorAlterations.blogspot.comUlteriorAlterations.blogspot.com

If I can figure out a low-maintenence, chem-free way to keep it from wrinkling 5 seconds after it's ironed, I bet I'll wear it even more!

2 comments:

  1. This turned out great! A really easy way to refashion a dress into a blouse. :-)

    Mo

    ReplyDelete