Saturday, October 19, 2013

Bootcut to Skinny Cord Refashion

I know I just posted a pair of shorts a few weeks ago, but that's the way we roll in Texas.
Now it's corduroy weather. 

This is one of my favorite remakes thus far- perhaps because they were one of my favorite pair of pants to begin with. Bright green, comfy, soft; what's not to love?! They are even more of a fave in their re-birthed, skinny form. And this update was surprisingly easy to perform.

pant refashion: boot cut to skinny

These pictures were taken a while back and aren't super (photo skills = work in progress), so here's another point of view. The black are the exact same as the green, pre make over. It was love at first wear, so I bought 3 pairs of the exact same cords in black, green, and tan. The tan have died and will make a yet-to-be-imagined resurrection appearance, but I'm thinking I might skinny up the black pair too.

black boot cut cordsBoot Cut to Skinny

In researching for this redo, I found tons of tutorials out there on the old www. I won't take credit or make yet another. Honestly, I used a hybrid blend of info and techniques from several sources, but the one I found the most helpful was at 49 Dresses. Also, hers happen to be green like mine, so I totally identify! 

1 comment: