Saturday, October 12, 2013

Repurposed Tablecloth, Part 1

I found this white, lace-ish tablecloth at a thrift store for about 3 or 4 bucks, and had to snatch it up. I am a sucker for all things lace and all lace-related cousins. Although it bore one fist-sized, yellow stain (and I'm not really a tablecloth kind of lady anyway), I knew it would be useful for something. Turns out, for many somethings! Here's one:

repurposed tablecloth, part 1


Using a T that I liked the fit of as a pattern, I just went for it; cut and sew. It was pretty boxy, so I looked at some other blouses in my closet and eyeballed some darts. Still kinda boxy, but better. Rather than hem the edges, I zig-zagged my way over them a couple of times to prevent and fraying, but leaving sort of a raw look. The whole thing was very fly-by, but I think it turned out alright, and love wearing it!



Good times at the Oddball Comedy Festival- wish I had a pic with Flight of the Concords in the background, then my smile woulda been even bigger!


No comments:

Post a Comment